Monday 30th March 10.30am - 4pm, 2020
One day Master Class by internationally renowned, local artist, Paul Rossi.
The workshop is ideal for beginners and those keen to develop their understanding of the medium. It will offer an introduction to oil painting technique, to the variety of materials specific to oil painting, and to the ways in which they should be used.
What will be included:
- A look at the history of oil painting
- Discussion about the materials needed to begin oil painting - paints, brushes, canvas, paper, thinners, and other supplies.
- Discussion about composition, colour theory, and the psychology of visual perception.
- Participants will make at least one alla prima (i.e. the wet-in-wet technique) painting from a still-life model.
Students are asked to bring:
- Own paints, brushes, and canvas/prepared paper or these can be supplied for a small supplement (we will need to know this in advance)
- Old clothes/apron
- A wide tray to transport your wet oil paintings home (they will take some time to dry fully)
Oil Painting - One day Masterclass
Please note, this workshop needs a minimum of 5 people to run.