Registration is OPEN for ‘Street Life’ urban plein air art competition 28th – 30th July 2022
Urban Plein Air Art Competition
Neath, South Wales
28th – 30th July 2022
10am - 4pm each day
Winner notification on Sunday 31st July.
£10 entry fee per day
About this event
Come and make art in the historical market town of Neath. Open to 2D artists in all media and styles, the criteria to get your work judged by our expert panel is that your entry is started and completed in the town on the same day, within the time allotted, and is made in direct response to their urban surroundings.
How does it work?
Arrive at Queen Street Gallery(having pre-registered with the registration form), with your blank work surface, be that canvas, paper, board to be stamped on the back and your materials. Go and spend the day creating your artwork within this historical town.
All judged work must have been painted within the town’s parameters. By 4pm return your work to Queen Street Gallery for judging. The winners and and selected entries will be notified by email on Sunday 31stJuly.
Selected pieces from the day, will be on display, and for sale, in exhibition at Queen Street Gallery during the Neath Art and Literature Festival May 2023, please specify on registration day when, if you would like your work to be considered for inclusion in the exhibition during the 2023 Art and Literature Festival.
All work will be for sale.
1st prize £100 sponsored by Queen Street Gallery
2nd prize £50
3rd prize a Plein Air Landscape Painting Workshop
- Thursday 28th – Saturday 30th July
- Arrival between 9 - 9.15am
- Registration at the gallery 9.30 – 10.am (map and useful information will be given out)
- You must start and finish your artwork on the day
- All works must have a stamp on the back, administered by the team on arrival
- Original artwork can be in any medium & any size
- We accept no responsibility for loss, damage, or injury during the day
- Any work bought back after 4pm, will not be eligible for judging.
- Full payment is needed to secure your registration for the event. Payments are non-refundable.
- Should we need to cancel the event a full refund will be issued
* How do we register and how much is the entry fee: click on the link which will take you through to entry registration. Entry fee is £10 per person.
* What is my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event? There are lots of parking options available in the vicinity, including a multi storey car park within the town centre. The bus station is only a short 5 min walk from the centre of town where all public buses drop off and pick up. Neath Railway station is also within the town centre
* What can I bring into the event? All you need to bring is your blank canvas and all materials ready to paint for the day, including an easel and a chair if you wish. No materials are supplied. Plain background cover only, no preparatory drawings or painting to be on your artwork prior to the day. Please note that your canvas will need to be stamped on the back upon arrival to qualify for the judging process at the end of the day. You will also need to provide your own refreshments for the day. There are a variety of cafes in and around the town.
* Do I have to bring a printed copy of my entry registration to the event? Yes please. If you're able to arrive with a print out of your booking confirmation that would help us out immensely on the registration desk.
* How can I contact the organiser with any questions? If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch, via email email@example.com or phone 01639 631081