Gallery Artist Agreement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT CAREFULLY THEN COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ACCEPTANCE FORM.
Queen Street Gallery (QSG) agrees to accept artwork on sale or return basis, listed on inventory, under the following conditions:
Collection & Delivery of work:
Transport to QSG to be met by the Artist.
Return transport is the responsibility of the Artist, by agreement with QSG.
Sale of work:
QSG is authorised to sell Work on behalf of the Artist.
QSG will sell the Work at the agreed price.
QSG will charge the Artist a sales commission of 40% of the selling price of each Work. (In all sales the copyright of the Work remains with the Artist).
QSG will pay the Artist for Work sold within 30 days of the purchase date.
The Artist will supply the following:
1. Artist statement (specifically about the Work produced) and CV (including where Work has previously been shown).
2. Individual Works to be supplied on a delivery note with the following information: title, medium, framed/unframed dimensions (H/W/D), year of painting. NB. Work must be appropriately framed and/or strung (we will not accept clip-framed work).
3. Artist to supply a high-resolution image of the Work prior to delivery (if Work is framed behind glass the image must be taken before framing to avoid glare).
4. Artist signature, title of Work and year of production to be clearly marked on back of Work (either hand-written or on printed label).
5. Insurance value & retail prices of work.
QSG will provide:
1. Hanging space for the Work in keeping with our changing exhibition programme.
2. Insurance for Work while on the premises.
3. Captions and labels.
4. Publicity and marketing for the Work.
Terms & Conditions:
The gallery retains sole selling rights to the Work while displayed at QSG. (Any advertising on the Artist’s own website/social media platforms must clearly indicate that the Work is being sold through QSG).
The duration of the contract is 4 months from delivery. At the end of this period the Artist must either arrange to collect the Work or, extend the contract by mutual agreement with QSG.